Wednesday, July 8

MY IDEAL CLASSROOM...I think

To be honest, I'm not sure what my ideal classroom would incorporate. Based on my previous knowledge I would enjoy having the following items:
  • a projector
  • an impressive sound system
  • a large white board
  • computers for all my students
  • an online homework system
However, more important than utilizing technology I hope to have a classroom with a lot of space. As a future physics teacher I want to begin every (or at least most) class period with a demonstration that pertains to the subject matter that will be taught that day. I think demonstrations are a great way to engage students and to bring the concepts to life.

3 comments:

  1. Ben, are you ready for some practice? Imagine your dept. chair balking at the idea of regular classroom demos. Imagine that she raises concerns about $$ and time, and she asks you to make the case for your approach. What do you think that your students would derive from this way of doing things that would justify the added expense, and a somewhat less "efficient" approach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! Everything except for the running and biking, but I will be a triathlon manager any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben
    Interesting post. While space may not be something you can negotiate in your classroom, have you considered using the classroom outside the building for lab activities? Virtual demonstrations and demonstrations around the school and community? I wonder if that is possible?

    ReplyDelete